About the role
This is a 24 month, replacement role with unaccompanied terms based in Port au Prince with 20% of the time scheduled and spent in the programme areas as the programme expands into the rural areas, with a salary of Grade 5 €48,648 – €54,053.
You will report to the Country Director and will manage a team of two, direct report being Finance Manager and the Finance Compliance Officer. The Finance Assistant, Finance Officer and Finance Partnership Officer are line managed by Finance Manager. You will liaise with other Country Management Team members, budget holders, HR, Logistics, Dublin and Regional Finance staff, local banks, auditors.
We would like you to start in March 2023.
Your purpose: As a member of Concern Haiti’s Country Management Team (CMT), the Country Financial Controller (CFC) is responsible for the effective management of Concern Haiti’s finance function. This will include ensuring internal controls are in place, managing the finance team, partner finance oversight, training, treasury management, financial planning/budgeting, and reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper financial management and reporting on all grants received by Concern Haiti. Maintaining and managing controls & procedures to safeguard and account for all assets, funds and interests of Concern’s operations is a crucial part of the role. The CFC will undertake staff training & development. The CFC is also a member of the CMT and will participate in all key decisions relating to finance.
You will be responsible for:
Financial and Donor Reporting
• Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial reports for Concern’s Head Office (Financial Reporting Pack (i.e. FRP)
• Reconcile all balance sheet items on a timely basis, in accordance with Concern Worldwide policies & procedures
• Finalise year end accounts for the external auditors and provide any ad-hoc finance reports for Concern’s Head Office
People Management and Capacity Building
Other financial duties
• Facilitate internal, external and donor audits and associated reviews of field systems
• Ensure that all statutory deductions & taxes in respect of national staff are complied with & to liaise with relevant authorities in this respect.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the Country’s Strategic Plan
Country Management Team (CMT)
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
Your skills and experience will include:
We would also like:
Please send your CV and cover letter to
Les CVs en francais sont les bienvenus
Haiti + 1 more
Haiti + 1 more
ReliefWeb’s Terms & Conditions.
© 2022 all rights reserved.
Other OCHA Services